I don’t think I am going to blog everyday anymore, so counting may be a smart thing to stop, so I am going to start just titling my posts. I am not someone that is good at writing down what is going on in my life and how I feel, since I actually kept up with it all of training, I thought it would be a good idea to continue at least for a little during this next adventure…TEACHING!
Class 1: Well originally I was supposed to teach a mock class on Monday at 2, but instead I taught the 12. There were 17 poor souls that were in my first class. There were 3 beginners to the studio, one of them had never done Bikram before, another had taken one class and the last had practiced a few times, but a while ago. Eddie, Emily and Barbara took my class. So started off late, which Dom told us not to do, and I did not have a watch, which Dom told us not to do, so of course as Dom told us not to do, I went over. I taught a 93 minute class, but since I started late it was a little over. I realized at Tree that there was a watch on the podium that I should have been looking at. EVERYONE SURIVED!!! It was so much fun being on the podium and actually teaching- TRUST THE PROCESS it actually works. Dialogue came out of my mouth, I know I said a few really funny things since I would look over and Emily was laughing at me!! My feedback was to shave sometime off of my class by making the set-ups faster and not make every sentence important and also to not necessarily say all of the repetitive dialogue each set. Second I need to be nicer, surprise, surprise. Maybe nicer isn’t the word, more polite. I’m working on it.
Class 2 and 3: Tuesday I was scheduled to teach just the 5 pm. There were 19 students, all regulars, no one taking Bikram for the first time. I knew most of the class when I walked in. Today I listened to Dom’s advice…had a watch, actually looked at it, taught an 85-minute class. I did give some corrections during class, but I did not correct everyone. I thought a lot about the set-ups. I also listened last night when Eddie was teaching to hear what he meant about being faster. Emily was supposed to teach the 7, she was exhausted and has to teach the 6 and 9:30 Wed morning so I told her I would teach. I wanted to get as many classes in as possible before Thanksgiving. It was a good experience to teach 2 classes in a row, I was starving in the second class even though I ate an apple between the 2. Are we surprised??? The second class I taught was also 85 minutes. I find that my standing series was a little fast, they were on the floor at 45 not 54, but I spread out the floor series and ended with 4 minutes in Savasana. I learned everyone’s name in class, there were only 7of them and I talked to each of them at least once. After class one of the clients thought that I had taught 5 classes since she knew I just came back from training, she was impressed that I was already seeing the bodies in the room!!!
3 classes taught…a million more to come!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment