AM: Martha from Minnesota taught class this morning. She talked about during class; she started class by saying that she was going to tell us 10 things throughout class. I can’t remember what she said; I don’t think my brain is working properly anymore.
After class we had a meeting with Ida and Niki about the competition. I decided to go since I am competing when I get home. I was practicing before the meeting and Ida gave me some tips on the competition- I know Emily and Eddie tell me all the time, I have to open my wrists in Stretching Pose.
Lecture: Raj spoke this afternoon about benefits of the postures; yes Emily I stayed awake and took notes! It was interesting to hear what the postures do to our bodies. She has Niki demonstrating for her, her practice is beautiful!!
PM: Bikram is BACK! We had Bikram for the first time since Friday, seems like a long time when you are used to having him everyday. He was in a good mode today so class was fun! There is an Air Force conference at the hotel right now; I met a guy in line for hot water last night and told him he should come to class today. I saw him as I was walking up to sign-in. I was so glad that he came to try it out. He had never taken a yoga class in his life; how amazing would it be to have your first yoga experience be in a room with 400 people being taught by the man that invented the yoga, Bikram himself. I spoke with him after class, he really enjoyed it and couldn’t believe how hard yoga was!!!
After class we had the try-outs for the demonstration with Niki and Ida. I got chosen to go in front of Bikram for the final cut with Britt, Monica, Pansy and Marie…it would be so much fun if we all got to be in the demonstration together. I know I am going to feel practice tomorrow. I think I did an extra 10 standing head to knees today!!
Lecture: Dr. Choudhury, an OB-Gyn spoke tonight. He started off by talking about why Bikram yoga is good for you. He said that the increase in temperature increases your blood flow, which drains lactic acid and also increases flexibility. Sweating is good due to Na loss. He discussed that yoga is a preventative medicine. After the initial talk we spoke about reproduction, as a bio-dork I found it very interesting. He ended by saying a very funny joke. A woman went to her priest and asked him to bless her for her 5th marriage. He asked how she had been divorced 4 times already. She said none of them had been consummated. He asked how she knew this one would work out. Her response: Well, the first was a psychologist so he just thought, the second was an OB and he just looked, the third was a contractor and he never finished his job, the forth was a politician and all he did was kiss my ass, this one is a lawyer, I know he is going to screw me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment