A little yogie's experience at Fall Teacher Training 2010! Life as a yoga teacher in Baltimore! Living, Teaching and Breathing Yoga!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Day 58: Week 9 Begins, the beginning of the lasts! M stands for Migraine
I need to mentally prepare myself for this week. Being in the demo means that I will be taking 3 or 4 classes a day instead of just 2, my body is BROKEN at the moment so I am going to have to find some inner strength to make it through the week. I reviewed all of my dialogue this weekend; surprisingly I knew most of it. There were a few postures that I got stuck on, but looking at one word put me back on track. A few more times to review and hopefully I will not fail miserably at my first class!!
Ilke taught this morning, I am so glad she had the opportunity to teach. She was the last staff member, other than Tu, who is no longer here, that had not taught yet. Her class killed me; maybe it was the fact that the demo team all practices together so there is no hiding possible. She said some wonderful things during class. She said that, I may butcher the wording, having knowledge is power, but that knowledge comes from understanding what you are saying which you gain from experience, not just knowing. She related this to the dialogue; we have to understand what we are teaching our students, not just verbatim spit out the dialogue with out knowing what we are saying.
Lecture started half an hour late today; sign in at 12:30, MUSIC TO MY EARS!!! Jim lectured, not music anymore. I had a migraine in lecture today which was not very pleasant, I did fall asleep for a little, but it didn’t help that much. I got on the floor and did Rabbit since I thought it might help, only at yoga school!
Boss is Back and rolls up in style! Boss pulled up in his Roils-Royce today to class, gotta love it. Class was better than I expected, my headache went away during class, thanks Advil and yoga!! He was in a good mood and told us that tonight was our best class since training; I don’t think he really remembers all the classes, but tells us that when we need a word of encouragement. Lecture started with Esak talking about competition and then Boss started posture clinic. We got from Half-Moon till Eagle in about 3 hours, an hour a posture, yea baby. I feel very fortunate to come from BYB, I have heard a lot of the questions that were asked last night and Eddie and Emily say the exact same thing as Bikram, no surprise there!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment