Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Resolutions


So I have a few new years resolutions, I have never actually made a resolution, but I thought I may try something different this year, so here it goes, one social, yoga and personal- covering all the bases:
1.     Have more of a social life- I don’t think this will be too hard considering I don’t have any life right now.  I enjoy laying in my bed watching TV or reading a book while I am not sweating/hanging out at the studio.  I think it is going to be hard based on my schedule and my apparent need for large amount of sleep a night.  When I teach the last 2 classes (4/6 or 5/7) I take the 12 or 1 meaning I am at the yoga studio for a LONG time. Also, getting up at 5am puts a damper on when you wake up and go to sleep-but I love my job, so I’m not complaining.  It my attempt to actually accomplish this I have decided to make some plans for the upcoming weekend! I have decided to go to NYC to see Next to Normal, I have a little more than 48 hours off from work so I decided to plan a trip (which I don’t have the money for) to go to the city for 2 nights! Nora, from training, is coming into town on Sunday and taking my class and then we are going to play in DC on Monday before taking Mark’s 6pm at Dupont- I think I am going to regret this when I have to be up to teach the 6am on Tuesday, but I can be tired to teach one class, I will survive.
2.     LOCK the KNEE in Standing-bow.  I have been close to locking out my top leg on the left side for at least 2 years, that last micro-bend is killing me.  I know I can do it, but it makes me loose my balance and fall over-hence in class I don’t always try 110%- that will change!!
3.     I want to keep up with this blog, at least every 2 weeks, I know that isn’t a lot compared to training when I was writing 6 days a week, but life is not as exciting outside of the yoga bubble.  A few exciting things did happen over the past few weeks that I did not write about (since it was not the new year so I was not thinking about writing it all down).  First I taught for 11 days in a row over Christmas break through New Years Eve.  I taught both Christmas Eve and Day (I had 26 at the 10am- gotta love the Jews getting in yoga before movie and Chinese food).  I went to DC to spend New Years with Sarah, Adam, JR, Allie, Dan, Katie and Ashley- it was nice to be surrounded on family since we were not together for Christmas.  We get along so well when we are together for short periods of time! One of the clients at the yoga studio is a professional football player, he is probably 4 times the size of me. They found it very amusing that I teach him yoga- well even I find it amusing that he is rolling around on the floor wanting to die waiting for me to open the door!  Post the new-year is always fun at yoga studio’s: lots of people trying out their new years resolutions- getting in shape/doing more yoga.  There are more beginners than usual, which is fun and nerve racking.  I like having new students, but it makes me nervous and I also really want to get their names right.  It is also nice to have at least one regular in class with all tbe beginners you can watch incase everyone is doing crazy shit, which is the norm.  The 4th I taught the 6am and 11am so decided to practice to the CD in between classes- it made me miss training and Boss’s class, I didn’t like his class while we were there, but outside of the bubble I enjoyed it!  A first occurred on the 4th as well, a client asked me if I knew his friend and unfortunately I have not had him yet, he was so surprised and goes “man I told him to look you up and take your class since you are my favorite!” I was so touched, I could not have imagined hearing this so early in the game especially with my amazing co-workers, I am just getting used to this!!
Wonder if I will actually keep up with these through out 2011- I guess if i actually keep up with the blog you will know when 2012 rolls on in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment