Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 2: Bikram himself with Zebra Shoes

The first “real” day of training even though the schedule is still not the norm. We actually got to sleep in…I think this may be the only time in the next 9 weeks I will be able to write this. Lectures started at 10, but my nerves woke me up early so I enjoyed breakfast in my room (2 bagels, V8 juice, banana and an apple I wonder why I felt bloated when I took class at 5?) and did some anatomy (the dork in me will never go away). Both Lynn and Jim spoke again and we learned the Do’s and Don’t of teacher training. Then Bikram came to speak, as always in VERY shinny white pants. Of course we got the very famous: “ No touchy touchy, no huggy huggy, no kissy kissy and NO fucky fucky” talk. Bikram is a character and does not have a filter on his mouth at all! Bikram introduced many of the different points that he will be lecturing about through out the 9 weeks. I found it interesting that he said our first week was vacation, don’t kill your self, just take baby steps. It makes complete sense to me, but how can you not push yourself when you are in the front row and Bikram and yelling “come down, leg up, come down, leg up, stretch, stretch, stretch” about 50 thousand times.
After lunch I found a group of about 7 students and we studied half-moon. It is interesting to see everyone’s different approaches towards studying and delivering the dialogue. I have been telling my fellow trainees all the tips that the G’s have been telling me. The most frequent things I suggest are: say the dialogue as if you are teaching a class, before you go to bed say the dialogue 3 times to ensure that you know it enough, say the dialogue quickly without making mistakes, this way you will know that you actually know it! and the dialogue is a string, every line is linked to the next.
We finally got to entire the torture chamber, well a massive kind of heated tent in a parking lot. I of course, as I said before, stood in the front, I had to get a spot where I could see myself, you have to see your self to fix yourself, right? Bikram’s class was entertaining as always, he gave corrections to a few of the students and asked if they knew what 90 degrees looked like. His class as always as interjected with song and dance, not the butt shake or the pecks yet, but I’ll be sure to let you know when they happen. We had the night off, more shopping!! It is 10:30 and I am exhausted and we had both the morning and the afternoon off, I don’t know what I am going to do tomorrow when we have a full day with 2 class and 2 lecture times…its fun the yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment